1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
Saw Nine Inch Nails. Provided support live vocals for one of my favourite bands – Stuck Mojo.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope – pretty much fucked up there – will try to create fewer more precise ones instead of a thousand Grand Plans which vaporize.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
DRIVING FORCE!! Sex. A love interest. A more resolute, sociopathic mindset.
7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 28th – the day I met ubermensch face-to-face.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Severing a hopeless situation which had me in its thrall; writing many of the entries here on this journal.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not mustering enough driving force and the aforementioned hopeless situation.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Minor work scrapes. Emotional injuries
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new monitor; Max Stirner’s The Ego & Its Own
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Mine at specific points.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The masses, as usual. A certain other….and mine at times!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Animé, CDs, Books.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Meeting ubermensch; The Ego & Its Own; various ideas.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
‘Only’ by Nine Inch Nails
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Hard to say….happier in many respects, though not across the board.
b) Thinner or fatter? Same
c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Writing. My will.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Pining and procrastinating.Holding back. Indulging fears and insecurities.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Been there – done that!
21. How many one-night stands?
Shouldn’t one’s whole life be a stand?
22. What was your favourite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I like certain peeps less, but hate’s a strong and inaccurate term.
24. What was the best book you read?
The Ego & Its Own by Max Stirner!!!
25. What were your greatest musical discoveries?
Skinny Puppy, Flesh Field, Depeche Mode
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
….or rather whom?
28. What was your favourite Movie?
A tie between Sin City and A History of Violence
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24 and binged on Depeche Mode
30.What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Increased productivity; genuine love; sex
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Personal fashion – surely a contradiction in terms, no?
A History of Violence?! i still cannot believe anyone liked that film!
Why d’ya say that?
i thought the plot was implausible to say the least, considering the characterisation, which wasnt helped by the incredibly wooden acting (apart from Tom’s wife, which instead of being wooden was rather over-done). aside from that, the “cinematic statements” (what i would call the filming devices that were supposed to make the film seem more “gritty”) made me embarrassed, and the violence when it came was so corny that it actually made me laugh out loud in the cinema. i honestly thought it was one of the worst films iv ever seen, it was clearly trying to be some kind of seminal mafia vengeance thriller a la taxi driver, and failing abysmally.